Haven’t been feeling that well for the past few days, and I’m so not inspired to cook at all. However we were left with a packet of chicken in our fridge that needed to be cooked as it was expiring today. Pierre was craving for breaded chicken and I decided to spice up the usual way we do it. The result of this experiment is surprising good, while staying simple.
Aromatic Spicy Breaded Chicken
- chicken breast
- garam marsala
- chili powder
- 1 egg (beaten with salt & pepper)
- bread crumbs
- Cut the chicken breast into smaller pieces if necessary. Tenderize it with the back of your knife.
- Season the pieces with salt. Mix the garam marsala with some chili powder (adjust the spiciness according to your liking) and coat the chicken with it.
- Dip each piece with the beaten egg and coat it with the bread crumbs. Set it aside.
- Heat the pan with oil till it is hot. Pan fry the chicken pieces till it is brown and drain it on paper towel.
- Serve it warm.
The dish will obviously not win any cooking championship, but it’s a quick and tasty way to prepare chicken. The addition of garam massala and chili gives a nice twist to the recipe.
Make your own bread crumbs by grating your old dried-out bread (well duh! but it is actually a lot better than the crumbs-in-a-box I’ve been buying before).